Should you have your carpet repaired or buy new?
Your floor is one of the major surfaces in your house, and there is nothing as unattractive as damaged carpet. When people come into your home, damaged carpet is often one of the first things that they notice, and damaged carpet makes any home look worn and shabby. Buying carpet is also one of the greater purchases you will make for your home, and it is quite expensive to replace carpet due to just a few damaged areas. You may not comprehend it, but there are firms that specialize in repairing torn, stained, loose or even missing carpet.
Before you invest in your carpet, the first thing you should consider is having it repaired. Consider the overall condition of the carpet. If your carpet is more than 15 years old and has a large number of damaged areas, or does not have very much life left in it, you might consider replacing your carpet. Nevertheless, if your carpet is in decent condition or has been installed in the last several years, you can save your cash and get more years out of your flooring by looking into having the carpet repaired. Following are some of the conditions that can be repaired by a trained carpet repair firm:
• Bumps, wrinkling, loose or bulging carpet — One of the most common types of carpet damage can be fixed by re-stretching your carpet. If you have areas in your carpet that have ripples or it's wavy in areas, chances are the carpet needs to be stretched and re-secured. If you have carpet on stairs or in hallways, carpet that is wrinkled or raised can be a serious safety hazard.
• Burn marks and holes — Whether caused by a candle, cigarette, or a lamp falling over, burns can be unsightly, and even a small burn can be unsightly on a rug. A carpet repair company can repair the hole, clean damaged fibers, and make it appear as if the burn never happened. Often, carpet repair can be performed on any area and up to any size.
• Pet damage — If your furry friend has caused damage to your carpet by clawing, scratching or digging, it can lead to an unattractive carpet that looks ragged, and is hard to hide. However, a carpet repair establishment can repair and restore these damaged areas, making the carpet appear new again.
• Construction repair — If you have made changes to the layout of your home, such as removing walls or changing the configuration of the room, you may have open areas, or gaping holes in your carpet. A carpet repair company will replace those areas, saving you the cost of replacing the carpet.
• Berber carpet — Berber carpet can suffer from “pulls” that look like loose thread on a sweater. These pulls can quickly ruin the look of your berber carpet, but a carpet repair company can re-weave the carpet yarns and restore the look of your carpet.
• Area rugs — Area rugs can suffer many of the same problems as wall to wall carpet, but a good carpet repair company can reweave, repair and often fix problems on area rugs as well.
If your carpet or rug is damaged and is ruining the look of your home, call Gallagher’s Carpet Care before you head to the carpet store and find out how easily your carpet can be repaired so that you can save your money while improving the look of your home.